Summer O' Poker

We're spending a month in Vegas, playing mostly poker. It's gonna be hot!!!

Friday, August 05, 2005

Bubble

We had a stay-at-home day today, in theory so I could get some work done but this didn't go to plan when I started an online satellite for the Poker Stars WCOOP and wasn't done until nearly 2pm. There were 3 seats into the $500 Event #1 up for grabs in a $3 rebuy tournament and I was in for $6 as I took the first rebuy straight away. Places 4-17 got $33 each and $27 for 18th. I decided to play for a money place first before going all-out for the seat and turned on the agression as soon as we were down to two tables and I was just below the average chip stack.

I took a hit pretty quick though and was second to bottom going into the final 9. I clung on and with 5 left I had about $90k compared to everyone else with $250-$400. I doubled up and one more player fell, and by this time it felt like it was my day. Virtually every 50/50 I was in went my way, and I cracked aces along the way too.

I picked up quite a few rounds of blinds with some pretty good hole cards, showing them every time as I thought this would give me some respect. Which is why the way I was knocked out on the bubble made no sense. On the button, I raised with AJs - actually the weakest hand I'd raised since we were 4-handed. The player on BB was only just ahead of me in chips and had been acting pretty weak, so I was a little surprised when he immediately re-raised all-in. Figuring he didn't want a call with such a big bet and hoping that he was making a stand with a weak ace I called.

I was right about him not wanting a caller. He showed 89s, but a 9 on the turn cost me, effectively, $497.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home