Summer O' Poker

We're spending a month in Vegas, playing mostly poker. It's gonna be hot!!!

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Back to Binions

After finally making it to a grocery store to load up the huge refridgerator we have here (it only took 2 days to get round to it) we ambled down to Binions for the 2pm tourney again. 93 entrants this time, giving 10 paid spots and a top prize of $2370.

I only got to play 2 hands in the first hour, raising to 3xBB with AK and getting one customer. The flop comes KK6 with 2 clubs and I lead out for 200, which was called instantly. Had to bet the set as it was the first time they'd seen me do anything, and if I check the flop with a strong hand a continuation bet is useless later on if I raise pre-flop and miss. The turn is a beautiful 6 so I no longer care about the flush draw and bet 200 again. I should have paid more attention to the other player's chips as this only left him with 175 when he strangely only called but I got the remaining chips on the river (a Queen) so it turned out OK.

The only other hand I played was a somewhat loose call with 75s after limping pre-flop. One player moved all in for 175 more and I was first to call with a flush draw. Fortunately the other player in the pot was sensible and just called and checked it down - I didn't catch, but it didn't hurt too much.

At the first break I had 1575 (hey, it's more than I started with) and took the rebuy for 1000 more. I played AJ and AQ but they were no good, and then dwindled down to about 700 chips. With 9s7s on the button and one limper ahead I stuck them in, blinds folded and the limper called with AJ. I caught a magic 7 to stay alive - with antes in play this took me up to 2000.

Next hand I see QQ and push all my chips in again. Got a caller with A9 and they hold up - I'm back in the game! The roll continued for another hand when I limped with AT and a short stack went all in for 600. He turned over 9d7d and this time the best hand held up!

I don't really remember much after that, except that I moved tables and my luck changed. I clung and the 30 players remaining dropped to 20 remaining in not much more than one round of blinds. The sheer volume of all-in action meant I just couldn't take a pop at any pots without a very strong hand. I was left having to go for it with Ah6h on the button even with another all in ahead of me. It became a four-way pot and I was against JJ KQ and A5 - so I did have 2 outs. Two hearts came on the flop and I had a glimmer of hope but JJ took everything and I finished in 16th place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home